If you wish to migrate to a newer Solr version (Solr-upgrade), you have to upgrade pixolution flow as well, since the delivered
pixolution_flow3.4.1_solrX.X.X.jar file is built against a specific Solr version and is therefore only compatible to that particular version (see Version).
We make great efforts to deliver software that works. However, ensure that you always update pixolution flow on a staging system (see Staging System) before deploying it to a production system.
Upgrading Solr at a glance:
- Request a pixolution flow version from pixolution compatible to the stable Solr version you wish to upgrade to (Plug-in-Upgrade).
- Within ninety calender days we will provide you the Plug-in-upgrade. Normally, we can provide a compatible version much faster.
- Use your staging system.
- Upgrade Solr and make modifications specific to the Solr changelog.
- Replace the old version of pixolution flow with the current
pixolution_flow3.4.1_solrX.X.X.jarfile that is compatible to your upgraded Solr version.
- Test the upgrade as described in Staging System
- If tests are successful, deploy the complete upgrade to your production system.